Scholarship Application Form must be postmarked no later than July 1, 2017 for consideration.
The Bear Pond Improvement Association scholarships were established in August of 2013. The scholarships have been established for the following purposes:
• to give back to the Bear Pond communities, and
• to promote the organization and its mission
through funding post-secondary educational opportunities for deserving high school graduates. Up to two $500 scholarships may be awarded.
Guidelines to be used when selecting recipients include:
• graduating high school seniors who have parents or grandparents that are members of BPIA in good standing for at least three years,
• full time post-secondary student (12 credit per semester minimum) for the 2017-18 academic year in a two or four year accredited institution,
• a completed and carefully prepared application, which includes a one page essay explaining why the applicant should be selected to receive one of the scholarships,
• an official high school transcript
• the completed application mailed to BPIA Scholarship Committee at P.O. Box 4, North Turner, ME 04266 postmarked on or before July 1, 2017.
Scholarship recipients will be announced in August of 2017. Awards will be presented during second semester of the student’s freshman year of post- secondary study once a first semester transcript is sent to BPIA Scholarship Committee at P.O. Box 4, North Turner, ME 04266. Recipients are required to maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average during their first semester to receive the scholarship.